Assignment 1


Three Questions:




What are you hoping to study or be introduced to, in this class?
           
I am equally hoping to study App design as well as something a little more experimental, Story boarding/Illustrative Design. App design is the way of the future and even though the rules are rigid, I’ve been told finding flexibility is the key to a successful and unique app. Story boarding and illustrative works have always been a passion to pursue since High-school. I’ve taken 2D animation during my time in High-school, and although the work is tedious I find the end product to be magical. Yet, I do understand if the story boarding aspect of design will not be touched upon during this class.



If you could choose a project to work on, or a subject to explore, what would it be?

            If I were to be specific and within the realm of possibility, I would love to explore video/animation editing design. Hearing from a student in class about the possibility of video editing really excited me. This project I no doubt outside of my realm of experience, but I confidently feel it’s a good subject to touch upon. Video editing, like most graphic design works, is heavily influenced by the audience’s expectations; in this sense the project would really stress the focus of subject and audience expectations in a fluid, attention grabbing, motion. The resources used for this project would have to be bound to our current schedules and the videos length should be respectively shortened to fit it. In this sense commercials, can fit into this category, at least its length of time.



What issues are your biggest concerns with you developing as a designer?
           
            I am lacking in experience with Website/app design. I am worried that with my lack of skills I may be pulled behind of most of the students, but I am confident that with proper tutorials/training I will learn fast. Another concern of mine are these group projects. While I understand that group projects are essential in the design world, I am just not used to it. Yet I am glad to know most of the students in this class and they’re work quality. With this information, I’m proud to say anyone whom I partner with will be great. I just worry with most of our scholastic experiences soloing work there will be bumps in the road.